FREE TRAINING EVENT:
Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) Training-the-Trainer Workshop
(The Southeast ADA Center will cover your travel including mileage, hotel & meals)
DATES & TIMES:
Wednesday May 24, 2017: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday May 25, 2017: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Country Inn & Suites
3211 Wilson Drive
Burlington, NC 27215
· Training is FREE of charge
· The NC ADA Network will pay for hotel, meals and travel for qualifying participants to attend the workshop.
· Participants must meet the qualifications listed below.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ADA TRAIN-THE-TRAINER WORKSHOP:
· Learn how to use the National ADA Trainer Network training modules covering topics related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Disability Awareness. After the training you will have access to over 50 prepared ADA & Disability Awareness presentations.
· Each National ADA Trainer Network training module includes a PowerPoint Presentation and Facilitator’s Guide created by Cornell University.
· After you successfully complete the training, you will have assess to the National ADA Trainer Network website and access to all training modules and support materials.
PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Successfully complete the “ADA Basic Building Blocks” webcourse (http://adabasics.org/) prior to ADA Train-the-Trainer workshop.
· Commit to conduct to 2 trainings using the National ADA Trainer Network modules by 9/15/17.
HOW TO APPLY TO ATTEND THE ADA TRAIN-THE-TRAINER WORKSHOP:
Email Karen Hamilton at Karen.Hamilton336@gmail.com listing the following information:
· Name of Participant
· Address/phone number/email
· Name of your local grassroots group or organization you represent
· Do you commit to complete the “ADA Basic Building Blocks” webcourse (http://adabasics.org/) by May 22, 2017?
· Do you commit to conduct to 2 trainings using the National ADA Trainer Network presentations by 9/15/17?
Please contact Karen Hamilton if you need additional information.