The North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities (NCCDD) has a long history of exploring and supporting efforts to expand the range of asset development choices for individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (I/DD). As such the Council recognizes the importance of NCABLE accounts as an important savings vehicle and investment option for people living with disabilities and their families.
Why is NCCDD funding this initiative?
To increase public awareness and expand outreach efforts through training and education about NCABLE and other savings options available to people living with disabilities and their families. This initiative supports NCCDD's Goal 1 of the new Five Year Plan: Increase financial security through asset development for individuals with I/DD.
What are the major goals and objectives?
- A contractor will facilitate collaborative efforts among Department of State Treasurer, North Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation, and the network of previous trainers and master trainer from the Upward to Financial Stability Initiative for coordinated outreach efforts and targeted trainings covering NCABLE
- Develop a pipeline of trained VR staff that are familiar with (NCABLE 2019-2020)
- Encourage synergy between VR transition and Depart of Public Instruction regarding importance of asset development options available to students living with disabilities and their families (2020)
- Leveraging partnership with NCDVR and DST a NCABLE module will be developed and added to the Upward to Financial Stability curriculum
What has taken place since the start of the program? (Activities)
- Live presentations and trainings
- Live and on demand Webinars
- Facilitation of Partnership among Department of State Treasurer, North Carolina Vocational Services to promote NCABLE
- Design NCABLE module to be added to Upward to Financial Stability curriculum
- Facilitation of LMS (Learning Management System) training designed to be offered to all NCVR employees
- Targeted NCABLE outreach activities among private financial institutions
What has been achieved to date?
- Formation of NCABLE Alignment team including NCVR, DHHS, DPI, NCCDD, and The Collaborative
- NCABLE LMS (Learning Management System) training
- Attendance at various outreach activities
How can I get involved?
Contact Travis Williams, Systems Change Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on becoming involved in one or more of the above elements.
Who can I contact for questions?
NCCDD: Travis Williams, Systems Change Manager, email@example.com
Click here to download a one pager of this initiative.