2nd Thursday- Youth Group Night 11-21yrs- September 14th
Mission Children's Reuter Outpatient Center
11 Vanderbilt Park Dr.
Asheville, NC 28803
Elsa Berndt, Psychologist - Mission Children's Hopsital , Olson Huff Ctr Practice
Presentation will explain:
- why IQ tests are done with children
- the various components of an IQ test
- why it is often more important to examine a child's strengths and weaknesses than focus on the overall IQ score
- how to create accommodations that use a child's strengths to support their weaknesses
- how learning disorders are diagnosed
If there is time Elsa will be available to answer individual questions about your child's testing, so please bring their evaluations with you if you have them!