A- A A+
COVID-19 Resources Upcoming Public Meetings

Executive Committee Minutes, Dec 2016

Executive Committee
FINAL
Monday, December 19, 2016
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM

Members Present: Amanda Bergen, Anna Cunningham, Kerri Eaker, Katie Holler, Wing Ng, Ron Reeve, Nessie Siler
Staff Present: Chris Egan, JoAnn Toomey, Yadira Vasquez

Chairman Ron Reeve welcomed the members to the meeting.  The other members thanked him for his service to the Council and wished him well in his future endeavors.

I. Approval of Minutes:

The draft minutes of the October 17, 2016 Executive Committee meeting were reviewed and considered for approval.

II. Financial Report and Expenses/Match Update:

Yadira Vasquez reviewed the financial reports for the NCCDD. There was discussion on the 2015-2017 FFY balances and initiative expenditures.  Members were also provided FFYs 2018-2019 budget summaries and detail reports as requested. Members noted that there is $54,417 available for new initiatives in FFY 2017 that began October 1, 2016 and $1,094,312 will be available between FFYs 2018 and 2019.  Anna Cunningham asked if there could be a visual chart made to assist members in understanding the fiscal aspects of the Council related to the availability of future funds.  Yadira said she would work on that and have something for the EC members to review in January. The members reviewed the initiative report and noted that there were no match issues needing attention at this time.  Ron asked the members if there were any other questions or comments and there were none.

III. Council Meeting Agenda/Member Survey Review:

Chris Egan reviewed agenda ideas for the February Council meeting and said that there would be a draft agenda ready for the members to review at the January meeting.  Chris also reviewed with the members the November surveys that were received. There were 4 electronic surveys and 8 paper surveys and they were positive, overall.  He reviewed the comments with the members.  The panel presentations were very well received and the evening awards dinner was noted as “one of the best ever.” There was a suggestion that maybe if the awards event was held as a luncheon that more agency members would attend, but the EC members felt that the evening reception was better because of the award recipients being able to travel during the day.  While agency representatives did attend, several did not and Chris said that he would encourage all agency members to stay for the next annual meeting awards reception in November, 2017.

IV. Conference Funding Requests:

No requests were received for this meeting.

V. Personal Services Contract Review/Approval:

Chris Egan updated the members that there have been no new personal services contracts.  He reminded members that Lauren Borchert, co-coordinator for the Advocacy Leadership in-house initiative, attended the November Council meeting and that he and Melissa Swartz are very close to selecting the self-advocate co-coordinator for this initiative.  Chris also updated the members on the Systems Change Manager vacancy and that second interviews will be held the first part of January.

VI. Ad Hoc Committees/Updates:

Anna Cunningham mentioned that the Communications Ad Hoc Committee had discussed the need to increase participation of self-advocates in the award submissions and the possibility of other awards for the Council to give out, such as a peer support award.  Ron asked Anna to discuss this further with the Ad Hoc Committee members at their next meeting.  Chris Egan mentioned that there is a draft of an easy to read version of the Council by-laws.  It was suggested that rather than going to back to the Governance Ad Hoc Committee that has been disbanded, the draft be reviewed by the Communications Ad Hoc Committee.  JoAnn Toomey will make sure to send the electronic copy to Steve Strom, the staff member assigned to Communications.   

Chris and JoAnn updated the members that there have been two new appointments to the Council; Myron Michelle Gavin and Dr. Kelly Kimple.  However, there will be 5 vacancies as of June 30, 2017 when those members will have fulfilled their two terms.  A notice will be sent to all members to ask for their interest in serving on a renewed Membership Development Ad Hoc Committee so that that committee can begin reviewing applications on file to make recommendations to Boards and Commissions early in the spring of 2017.

VII. Other:

Chris Egan updated the members regarding the draft DRNC report that is currently being reviewed by Council staff as well as the department and received support of the EC to provide feedback to DRNC regarding the need to edit and provide a final.  He also informed the members that we had received the department’s indirect cost charge for SFY 16-17 and that it was just over
$13,000; approximately $5,000 more than last year.  He will ask the department to explain the methodology for these charges and we will plan to pay for this charge within our existing administrative budget.

VIII. Adjourn:

The next meeting of the Executive Committee will be Tuesday, January 17, 2017 from 10:30 to 12:30.  Ron Reeve asked the Vice-Chairs, Katie Holler and Wing Ng, to work together until a new Council Chair is appointed.  He thanked the members for their dedication and time on the Executive Committee and wished them well for their future work on the Council.  He asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting.

MOTION:  Wing Ng made a motion to adjourn the Executive Committee meeting.  Nessie Siler seconded the motion.  The motion was approved.  

Newsletter

Stay updated on news and events.

Sign Up

Get In Touch

Connect with the Council. We want to hear your questions, thoughts and comments.

Contact Us

Contact Us

North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities
820 South Boylan Avenue
Raleigh, NC  27603
Info@nccdd.org
919-527-6500 (voice/tdd)
800-357-6916 (voice/tdd)
800-357-6916 (TTY)
919-850-2915 fax