Executive Committee Agenda and Notes
September 15, 2014
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
I. Approval of Minutes:
• The draft minutes of the July 21, 2014 Executive Committee meeting will be discussed and considered for approval. This document is attached.
II. Financial Update
• Yadira Vasquez will review with you the financial reports for the NCCDD. The fiscal reports are attached.
III. Conference Funding Requests for:
• NCAPSE (North Carolina Association for Persons in Supported Employment) Conference being held October 8-10, 2014 at the Blowing Rock Conference Center in Blowing Rock, NC. The request is to fund one speaker for up to $1,000. Supporting documents are attached. (We’ve funded them before.)
• ECU: 7th Annual Early Intervention Conference being held October 17-18, 2014 at the Monroe Conference Center in Greenville, NC. The request is to fund three speakers for up to $1,750. Supporting documents are attached. (We’ve funded them before.)
• NC TIDE Fall Conference being held November 2-5, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Asheville, NC. The request is to fund one speaker for up to $1,050. Supporting documents are attached.
IV. Discuss motion made at August Council meeting:
• Peggy Terhune made a motion for the Executive Committee to have the authority to explore the option of an external contract(s) for the Council Development Fund and the Jean Wolff-Rossi Fund for Participant Involvement. Anna Cunningham seconded the motion. The motion was approved.
V. Extension of Communications Liaison through December 31, 2014 with additional funds
(Jennifer @15/hrs. week through Temporary Solutions would be increasing her budget by $7,500 to pay her through 12/31/14. In-House initiative was $20,000, w/increase would be $27,500).
VI. Update on public input of State Plan Amendments
VII. Update on Hefner and Riddle nominations (EC will formally review and select recipients at October EC meeting?)
• Joshua Strasburg will discuss a fact sheet that he helped to develop (along with the NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault, the Office on Disability and Health, and the Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities) through the State Violence Prevention Team (attached is the fact sheet for your review).
Please let Ron know if you have additional items for consideration for the September agenda.
For those calling in, please use the following call-in information:
Toll Free Number: 1-877-848-7030
Access Code: 4460894