Date: March 21, 2022
Time: 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
I. Call to Order
II. Approval of Minutes
The draft minutes from the February 21, 2022 Executive Committee meeting will be discussed and considered for approval – please see attached DRAFT February 21, 2022 EC minutes
III. ED Update
- Council Membership Recommendations – please see attached membership applications
- Family member of someone currently in an institution
- One application attached with email
- Family member of someone with I/DD
- This position is going to be tabled until the April meeting to recruit additional candidates
- DD Awareness month – Upcoming film showing
- Programming for the May Council Meeting in Asheville
IV. Financial Report and Expenses/Match Update Shar’ron Williams will review with you the financial reports for the NCCDD – please see attached fiscal reports.
- Update: Extend Temporary Policy Position through 4/30/2022.
V. Council Meeting/Member Survey Review
- 2022 May Council Meeting – please see attached DRAFT agenda
VI. Conference Funding Requests
- Arts Access request of $3,000 for support of Judy Heumann, Disability Rights Activist, interview with tentative plans including a discussion raising awareness of lived experience of people living with disabilities for 5.14.22 event. NOTE: See *attached* PDF for details on the request.
- North Carolina Black Disabilities Network request of $3,000 for support of Britney Wilson, Associate Professor of Law, Director of Civil Rights and Disability Justice Clinic at New York Law School (i.e., $2000 honorarium, $768 in airfare/hotel/ground transportation, $232 in conference accommodations/ASL interpreters) to provide opportunities for stakeholders to dialogue with members of Black disabled communities…develop new strategies for eliminating barriers that produce systemic change across a range of systems that serve the population and their caregivers. (see e-mail on 3/21/22 from Letha.Young@dhhs.nc.gov for more details).
- Discussion on Potential Speaker Funding Request for Dr. Kelly Kelley
VII. Ad Hoc Committees/Updates
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion
VIII. Personal Services Contract Review/Approval
- Update on Pending Personal Services Contracts (Financial Advisor & Roommate Matching Tax Advice)