A- A A+
English Spanish
Upcoming Public Meetings COVID-19 Resources
Join the I/DD Statewide Hybrid Townhall to hear updates on the state I/DD budget, 1915i Medicaid, Medicaid Expansion, and more.
Introducing the My Story Matters  -  A story collection campaign.
Learn About Our Five Public Policy Priorities!
A homepage banner with the words “Check Out Our New 2023 Annual Report Available in English en espanol ” on the left side and two pictures of annual reports - one in English and one in Spanish
Highlights & Hot Topics! Latest Issue Now Available in English, Audio, Spanish version coming soon!

Executive Committee
FINAL Minutes
December 19, 2014
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM

Members Present: Carrie Ambrose, Crystal Bowe, Adonis Brown, Anna Cunningham, I. Azell Reeves, Ron Reeve
Absent: Sam Miller
Others present: Eric Chavis, Chris Egan, Yadira Vasquez, Melissa Swartz, JoAnn Toomey

I. Approval of Minutes:
The draft minutes of the October 20, 2014 Executive Committee meeting were discussed.

MOTION: Adonis Brown made a motion to approve the November minutes. Carrie Ambrose seconded the motion. The motion was approved.

II. Financial Update:
Yadira Vasquez reviewed the financial reports for the NCCDD. There was some discussion on the FFY balances and initiative expenditures. Ron Reeve asked the members if there were any further questions and there were none.

III. Conference Funding Requests:

MOTION: Anna Cunningham made a motion to fund two speakers for up to $3,000.00 for the Autism Society of North Carolina’s Annual Conference being held March 27-28, 2015 in Charlotte, NC. Carrie Ambrose seconded the motion. The motion was approved.

MOTION: I. Azell Reeves made a motion to fund two speakers for up to $1,250.00 for the Arc of Davidson County’s My Dreams, My Life: Third Annual Self-Advocates Conference being held March 28, 2015 in Clemmons, NC. Anna Cunningham seconded the motion. The motion was approved.

IV. Process for Strategic Planning/State Plan:
To follow-up the discussion and suggestions at the November Council meeting, Ron Reeve suggested that a “sequence of events” be sent out to all members the first week of January, 2015 so that they will be aware of the timelines for the process of the Five Year Plan due in August, 2016. In addition, Ron reviewed a possible framework for strategic planning with four major cross-cutting areas within which current and future initiatives support the four areas. Ron will send EC members an outline of the areas.

V. Potential Revision of By-Laws:
A suggestion was made at the November Council meeting to re-visit the amendments to the NCCDD By-Laws. Ron Reeve will send the EC members the original and proposed NCCDD By-Laws that were put forth to members at a previous Council meeting in 2012.

VI. Approval of Executive Committee Meeting Dates for 2015:
The Executive Committee meets the 3rd Monday of each month (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM), except for the months where we have the full Council meetings. Members reviewed and agreed on the following dates:

Friday, January 23rd (9:00 AM – 11:00 AM) – Due to the holiday on Monday, January 19th
     Monday, March 16th (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, April 20th (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, June 15th (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, July 20th (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, September 21st (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, October 19th (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
     Monday, December 21st (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM)

VII. Other:
Anna Cunningham let the EC members know that she is working with Beth Stalvey on the HCBS policy survey to offer all Council Members opportunity for feedback on the Home Community Based Services (HCBS) as input for DHHS workgroup and to determine Council position on these important rules. She asked for full EC support which was given. Crystal Bowe reminded members to look into the technology and accommodation issue for members.

VIII. ADJOURN:
Adonis Brown made a motion to adjourn. Members adjourned     

Recent Posts

Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by JoomVision.Com
NCCDD to Host I/DD Town Hall in Charlotte on May 2nd!

The North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities will host I/DD…

Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by JoomVision.Com

Upcoming Events

19 Apr
Sibshops online Facilitator Training
Date Friday, April 19, 2024 – 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
20 Apr
Disability Rights NC Voter ID Event
Saturday, April 20, 2024 – 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
22 Apr
2024 NC TIDE CONFERENCE
Monday, April 22, 2024 – - Wednesday, April 24, 2024 –
23 Apr
Frisco Native American Museum – program for visually impaired
Tuesday, April 23, 2024 – 10:30 am - 12:00 pm

North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities

Office Hours: 9AM-4PM Monday-Friday
3109 POPLARWOOD COURT, SUITE 105,
RALEIGH, NC 27604

1-800-357-6916 (Toll Free)
984-920-8200 (Office/TTY)
984-920-8201 (Fax)

This project was supported, in part by grant number 2001NCSCDD-02, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.

Invalid Input